Assistant Curriculum Leader of English
Scale: MPS/UPS + TLR 2c (not suitable for ECTs)
For September 2023 we are seeking to appoint a passionate and inspiring practitioner to join the English Department leadership team. The successful candidate will work closely with the Curriculum Leader and alongside other TLR holders to raise the attainment and progress of students and develop the English department in response to key priorities. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a dedicated team in our amazing new school campus.
- Be passionate about teaching and encouraging students to foster a love of learning that extends beyond the classroom.
- Assume the role of ‘Close the Gap’ department champion; sharing effective practice and evidence-based research with regards to specific cohorts including the most able, disadvantaged and students with SEN.
- Have a proven record of excellent classroom practice and subject knowledge.
- Be optimistic and committed to establishing high expectations and improved outcomes.
- Value the importance of professional learning and be committed to developing their own leadership potential and the pedagogy of others.
- Be a team player, able to make significant contributions to the rapid development of the department and to assist the Curriculum Leader in managing the team.
Contract type and term: Full Time/Permanent Disclosure Level: Enhanced
For an informal discussion, please contact Mr R Twigg, Curriculum Leader English email@example.com
Application forms are available at: www.saddleworth.oldham.sch.uk or contact the school by telephone: 01457 872072, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: Monday 6th March 2023, 12 noon.
Please send completed applications to email@example.com